The main educational aim of the Master of Information Technology is to provide broad technical understanding of latest and emerging technologies in the field of information technology. Due to rapid worldwide dependency on software application, the requirement for trained and experienced IT specialist is in great demand. The program offered provides a unique edge in the current complex marketplace.
The Strategic objectives of MIT program are:
- To develop eLearning student with knowledge of concepts, theories, application and practices associated with the IT world.
- To prepare eLearning student with an innovative practices related to IT application for solving Information Technology/business operations and strategies productivity in local and global platform.
- To provide eLearning student with an ability to use and analyze software programs tools effectively.
- To provide eLearning student with awareness of ethical, social, interpersonal and communication skills effectively.
- To develop eLearning student with refinement of analytical, logical and critical thinking.
- To Inculcate and enhance research abilities of students in respective fields.
- To prepare eLearning student with an ability to proper use of electronic media technologies for interacting with teachers appropriately in virtual environment.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree from a recognized university/ institute in any of the following subject: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Commerce, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering wherein two courses must be from the same department in a semester system or at least 150 marks weightage under annual system. Candidate must have at least 45% marks in the graduation degree.
Candidate holding PGD in Computer & Information Technology, PGD in Business Administration dually issued by the recognized Institute / University are eligible for admission towards MIT Program.
- Candidates who have not studied any one of the required above-mentioned subjects in their graduation are eligible for MIT admission provided they firstly qualify four courses namely Introduction to Computing, Business Mathematics & Statistics, Calculus and Analytical Geometry and English Comprehension by taking a MCS/MIT Deficiency Semester
- However, candidates having less than 45% marks will be eligible for admission after successful completion of “Zero Semester”. (Note: Candidates holding Bachelor’s degree with less than 45 % marks or 3rd Division, but have not studied any of the required subjects Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or Engineering for admission to MCS/MIT are required to qualify the Deficiency Semester as well.)
- Candidates holding 2-year Bachelor’s Degree from VU will only be allowed to continue seamlessly towards their respective 4–year BS Degree Program at a later stage in life.
Course(s) exemption is allowed.
It is two-year full time study program spread over four semesters. Each semester has 18 weeks duration for teaching and examination.
Courses of Study
The scheme of studies for MIT program is outlined as under.
Click here to View Study Scheme of Master of Information Technology
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Students are required to complete a project of 6 credit hours in the final year of their Master’s degree program. The choice of the final project is at the student’s discretion. However, consultation with the student advisor is compulsory. Students have to submit a detailed write-up of the project and in some cases may be required to give a presentation.
Award of Degree
To be eligible for the award of degree of Master of Information Technology (MIT) students are required to complete courses amounting to at least 72 credit hours with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 out of 4.00.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.