The President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is the Chancellor of the Virtual University of Pakistan.
The Rector is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University.
Other Officers of the University include:
- Chairpersons or Heads of the Teaching Departments
- Director Finance
- Controller of Examinations
- Director of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
The Board of Governors is the apex body of the University, responsible for the general supervision and control of administrative, academic and financial affairs, to lay down the policies and statues.
Other Authorities of the University include:
- Executive Council
- Academic Council
- Board of Studies
- Advanced Studies and Research Board
- Selection Board
- Finance and Planning Council
- Affiliation Committee