The University encourages the candidates who intend to peruse their career in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology but have not studied required prescribed subject in their Bachelor/equivalent degree, details are available under MCS and MIT programs. They can become eligible for admission to MCS/MIT After successful completion of prescribed deficiency courses.
The Strategic objectives of Deficiency Semester for MCS and MIT programs are:
- To develop eLearning student with basic knowledge of concepts and theories associated with the computer science/IT field.
- To provide eLearning student with an ability to use and analyze software programs tools effectively.
- To prepare eLearning student with an ability to proper use of electronic media technologies for interacting with teachers appropriately in virtual environment.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have at least 45 % marks in their graduation or CGPA 2.00 out of 4 but have not studied any one of the required subjects during the Bachelor/equivalent Degree i.e. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or Engineering.
Course(s) exemption is available with condition.
The above courses may be qualified in minimum one semester. However; increase in study duration will increase the cost to the student.
Note: Deficiency Semester, once qualified will remain valid for all subsequent respective admissions.
Courses of Study
Click here to View Study Scheme
Assessment of Study Progress
The students’ study progress evaluation mechanism is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester by giving assignments, on-line quizzes, Graded Discussion Boards (GDBs), mid-term and final-term exams. The mid and final term exams are conducted at VU’s designated exam centers and usually count for 80 to 85% of the total marks for a course.
Completion of Deficiency Semesters
To qualify Deficiency Semester Courses (12 credit hours) students are required to qualify each course with at least 50% marks.
- Upon successful completion students will be eligible to apply for admission towards MCS/MIT.
Click here to View Fee Structure
- The courses may be revised time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses from being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local industry and job market are also given full consideration.
- The University reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.